About the Blog

I don't particularly like sharing my recipes, but I'll give it a try.

All recipies are how my husband and I make them they may not be the same as in the countries they originate from.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spicy Lime Chicken

So I found this recipe and tried it last night and man was it good! The chicken had so much flavor and zest it was really good, but I wouldn't call it spicy but my mom might so you'll have to decide.

Serves 2

For the Chicken
2 boneless chicken breasts
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground pepper
Olive oil

For the Dish
1 can of black beans (approx. 15 ounces)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tomato – diced
2 corn tortillas
2 limes
4 tablespoons sour cream
Chopped chives or green onions for garnish
Canola oil

Directions:
For the chicken;
Cut the chicken into thin strips
Mix the chicken with all of the spices
Drizzle some olive oil in a skillet
Add the chicken to the oil and cook until lightly browned
For the dish;
Tortilla Chip Topping;  cut the tortillas into strips and fry them in a small pan of oil until they are brown
After they are brown lay the strips on a paper towel and set aside
Black Beans
You can either warm the black beans in a small pot right before assembling the dish…..or you can assemble the dish and put the serving dish into the microwave to warm up the beans
Assembly
In a serving bowl, add the black beans (use ½ of the can for each serving….use a slotted spoon so that not too much of the black bean liquid goes into the serving bowl).  If you didn’t warm up the beans in a small pot first……warm them up real quick in the microwave after putting them in the serving dish
Lay pieces of the warm chicken over the black beans
Grate the cheese
Add the cheese (1/4 cup per serving)
For each serving….cut a lime into quarters and squeeze the juice of 3 of the quarters over the black beans, chicken and cheese
Dice the tomatoes
Then top with the tomatoes, a bit of the sour cream…..then the tortilla chips, then the rest of the sour cream
Garnish with the chives or chopped green onions and any leftover shredded cheese if you have it
I made some rice and put it on the bottom just to add a little bit of volume to it and because I love rice :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm.... that sounds yummy. I want to try it. I wonder how spicy it would be for me...

    ReplyDelete