About the Blog

I don't particularly like sharing my recipes, but I'll give it a try.

All recipies are how my husband and I make them they may not be the same as in the countries they originate from.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Soup

So I just made this for the first time and it turned out pretty good :) but I forgot to take a picture :O/

This is not my picture I found it at allrecipes 
  • 8 C Chicken Broth
  • 2 C Cooked Cubed Chicken Meat
  • 1 C Cubed Potatoes
  • 1 C Diced Carrots
  • 1 C Broccoli Florets
  • 1 C Tomatoes Diced
  • 1 C Onion
  • 1/2-3/4 C Bell Pepper (I used Red)
  • 2 Cloves Garlic
  • 1/2-3/4 C Peanut Butter
  • Fresh Cilantro (optional)
  • Fresh Mint (optional)
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste
Recipe Said 1/2 C Celery but I didn't have any so didn't use any. Also Vegetable measurements are what the recipe said but I used a little more of most of them but what ever you like.

  • Directions
  1. In a large stock pot, combine the broth, chicken, potatoes, and carrots. Bring the soup to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes, till vegetables are tender. ( I didn't have cooked chicken so I boiled it in the chicken broth while I cut up the Vegetables)
  2. Add broccoli, tomatoes, celery, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
  3. Add peanut butter, herbs, salt, and pepper; stir until peanut butter is fully blended. Simmer for 3 minutes longer.

Some thoughts we had that might make it better was, use something to make it a little thinker maybe some cream or half n half or flour. also the Asian hot sauce with the rooster on the front goes really good with this soup

No comments:

Post a Comment